Your resume should paint a picture of a focused, dedicated, and well-qualified applicant who will bring instant positive results to the workplace. Use your results from the MOS Translator in Step 3 and the links below to build that resume!
* Use the Chronological resume format. Here's why:
Click here for Chronological Resume Samples
* Use the links below for tips on how to write a successful resume.
* Use the Resume Comparison Chart (pdf, 49kb) to figure out what resume is best for you
* Read the Transition Assistance Program (TAP) manual for tips on effective job searches, networking, interviewing, and more!
* Make common mistakes when writing your resume. Click here to see what you should avoid.
Provided below are examples of other resume types, formats, and templates. See if one works for you.
Would you like some help writing your resume? Click here to find a One-Stop Career Center where one of the 2100 local Veterans' Outreach Program Specialists (DVOP) or Local Veterans' Employment Representatives (LVER) will help you with your resume. Or, you can contact a WWR Employment Specialist who will help you locate a resume writing specialist near you.