Do you have the necessary skills, education, or training to get the job you have always wanted? What can you do to make sure your skills remain useful in the future? If your career path requires education and/or training, click on the links below to help you determine what options are right for you.
STOP! Before you get started, make sure you have the following:
1. Your Official Military Education and Training Transcripts
2. Your DD Form 2586, "Verification of Military Experience and Training" (VMET). If you encounter problems obtaining your VMET document, call USMC Transition Support at 703-784-9523 (DSN 278).
3. Your VA Form 22-1990, "Application for VA Education Benefits" (This form is the only way to verify your benefit eligibility)
4. Your Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) Printout-To verify and provide proof of your security clearance, contact your Unit Security Manager to obtain your JPAS print out
5. Information on the Computer/Electronics Accommodation Program (CAP); a program designed to provide wounded warriors with assistive technology free of charge
Click here to view various education and training options, such as Internships, Apprenticeships, Job Shadowing, and Professional Development.
If you think you can't afford college, think again. The links below outline your education benefits.
Whether you're new to the computer, returning for review, or want to use technology to enhance your skills, GCFLearnFree.org has something for you.
Click here to start your Free Computer Training now!